Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Apologies....

Apologies for my absence. For the past 4-5 days I have been in a parallel universe where little men get all their teeth at once, plus a sore throat and can't sleep for longer than 15 minutes at a time (day or night). He has been so miserable that it is breaking my heart. The lovely husband and I have been doing tag-team every night, taking it in turns to nurse the little man. We have even succumbed to having said little man sleeping in our bed with one of us - something we vowed we would never do. But we have no choice because his throat is so sore that he can't swallow all the excess drool from the teething, so he ends up having coughing fits, choking and then vomiting. (Lovely I know, but hey, I aim to keep it real in my blog, so real it is!). So its actually far more painful to have to get out of bed and run into the little man's bedroom every 5 seconds, than to have him lying next to you (and that tells you something considering that he sounds like a human lawnmower with his gurgling, snoring, coughing, choking etc). My fingers, toes and everything else that can be crossed are crossed in the hope that he might make it through tonight in his own bed. (Oddly enough though, I think I will actually miss that little Darth Vader sound in my ear.....).

P.S. I will aim to post something intelligent, creative or inspiring tomorrow when I finally get back to work and experience 'adult' world again (well, as much as you can in a high school!).

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! I hope your little man is better! I love the oh-so-accurate descriptions :) My greatest talent as a mother seems to be the ability to intuitively know, and then catch, vomit before it hits the floor. Yeah, favorite moment: 2 am with my sick daughter, she's crying and clinging to me and I had to pee. So there I am with her on my lap and yes, she then erupts all over my nightie and me, bare bottomed and defenseless. Ah, motherhood. We will miss these moments, right?

    Anyway, wanted to say "hi" and I hope to see you on the Flickr pool.

    love,
    Lis (Unraveller)

    ReplyDelete