Thursday, June 18, 2009

Venus and Mars and all that....

A funny thing happened to me this morning. I actually laughed at my husband when he played a 'fart' prank on me. It went a little something like this:

"What are you doing?" I ask him when I walk into the living room at 7am.
"Not much, I've got crook guts" he replies.
"Oh, thats no good" I reply sympathetically.
Cue various 'fart' noises from his iphone, accompanied by tragic acting, followed by pathetic giggling (as you might envisage a 6 year old doing).

 Ordinarily I would look at him in disgust and tell him he was juvenile and that as a 31 (ok, nearly 32) year old woman I do not find such things amusing - and as a nearly 32 year old man, husband and father, he shouldn't either. But for some reason today I stopped myself and decided to not take life so seriously. The difference in thought processes between the male and female species was sooooooo ridiculously huge at that moment, that I couldn't help but laugh. At that hour of the morning I am thinking about significant life issues such as getting ready for work, what I will do at work, whether my little man is organised, climate change, world peace etc, and what is my husband thinking about? The farting noises app on his iphone. Says it all really.....

P.S. Sorry if I have offended anyone with the topic of this post. For some reason I just feel the need to post something very light hearted tonight (and yes, this is the best I could come up with........!).

No comments:

Post a Comment