Monday, June 15, 2009

Tomorrow is another day....

I had a pretty crappy weekend this weekend. I was sick (again) and could not do much more than sleep for most of the time. Yesterday, in particular, I felt lower than I have felt in a long while. I can't really pinpoint what caused it but it highlights the way those depressed feelings and thoughts can just creep up on you and before you know it, you are having to dig your way out of a hole again. Its a timely reminder to me though that I have to slow down every now and then and that I just need to ask for help when I need it. Many of us don't do this in life but its a huge lesson I have learned. There is no shame in asking for help - at the end of the day its a much smarter thing to do than wind up in a heap. 

Thankfully, the old adage "tomorrow is another day" applies to me today, and I am feeling far more upbeat than I was. Some great things that happened today were:
1. One of the students in my homeroom made the PE department a cake today. So sweet! (And yummy).
2. Finally talking to one of my very good friends who had a baby 9 weeks ago. She seems to be coping well and enjoying it all which makes me very happy.
3. Having the courage to post a video for my Unravelling course. (The old Bel would never have done that but the new Bel thought 'why not?'.
4. My husband's joy at coaching a girl with cerebral palsy in shot put this afternoon.
5. My husband giving a meat pie to a man on the street today (Love those random acts of kindness). 
6. Everything about my little man!

I hope you all had a wonderful day and if you didn't, remember, "tomorrow is another day".

No comments:

Post a Comment