Thursday, June 18, 2009

Books, books, books

As you might have noticed I have finished a few of the books on my list over the past couple of weeks. "Good to Great" was the first book on my lululemon list and it really makes fascinating reading for anyone interested in business (in particular, businesses not based on your typical model). 
"Always looking up" by Michael J Fox was inspiring. What an amazing guy. His ability to turn a situation that many would view as life ending into one that has enriched his own life and the lives of thousands of other people is phenomenal. A genuinely intelligent, compassionate and witty human being. (He will forever be Alex. P Keaton to me, no matter how many years go by. Such fond memories....).
"Bruce and Me" by Oren Seidler is the book I just finished reading. It is one of those books you cannot put down. You can't believe that people live lives like the one that she has, but on the flip side it really makes you wonder what a 'normal' life is anyway. An interesting and humorous read (that she also made into a documentary I believe).
I've added two new books to the list: "Learning to Breathe" by Alison Wright and "It sucked and then I cried" by Heather B Armstrong. I mentioned my desire to get Alison's book when I discussed her photography in an earlier post. I'm sure this one will be very inspiring. "It sucked and then I cried" is the heartfelt, witty and honest story of Heather's battle with postnatal depression and all the other details of pregnancy and motherhood. I can't wait to read this memoir as Heather's writing is hilarious. If you want to find out a little more about her you can visit her personal blog dooce.com.
If anyone reads any of these books please drop me a comment and let me know what you think. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment