Tuesday, June 9, 2009

To My Lovely Husband....

I have been thinking a lot lately about my husband and our relationship (I'm sure anyone else out there with a little one/s will agree with me when I say that having two seconds to think of anything is a feat in itself....). Anyway, I was thinking that I have come such a long way in how I see myself and how I interact with others, but there are a few things that I want to say to my husband that I haven't been able to voice yet. So I'm going to do it now, while its clear in my mind: 
To My Lovely Husband, I know there must be a part of you that is thinking 'Gee, I've been trying to get her to adopt that attitude or see things in this way for years and years now'. And I wouldn't blame you for thinking that, because you're right - you have. Your ability to approach life in an optimistic and joyous way, to only ever see the good in others, your desire to help people, your kindness etc etc are the qualities that drew me to you in the first place. And I know it must have felt like you were beating your head against a brick wall at times. I hope you understand that it isn't that I thought you were wrong or that I purposely wasn't changing (even though my approach might have been letting me or us down). Its just that these are lessons I have had to learn in my own time and in my own way. But I do want to acknowledge that I have learnt so much from you and you have helped me in so many ways. Thank you for your support and for being the person that you are. X Bel

No comments:

Post a Comment