Thursday, July 30, 2009

In summary....

As my own birthday is fast approaching (3 days and counting), I'm starting to be a little overwhelmed by how much has gone on in the past year. To think that on my last birthday I was blowing out candles in my hospital bed, trying to get my head around how to look after this little being that was now with us 24/7. Its so strange to think that I had absolutely NO IDEA IN HELL back then that my life was going to flip upside down (of course I knew that my life was going to change dramatically with the arrival of a baby, but I had no idea of the personal struggles I would face or how much strength I would need to find inside myself). All I  can say is, life is one crazy ride. 

I was reading a blog called 31experiment, and came across this quote that really resonated with me in terms of my journey and how I feel I have changed over the past year:

This is the leap, when you're ready to share your gifts with the world, to take the risk and say "Here. Here is who I am. Here is what I've created". Its a bold time, a brave time, a time full of risk and joy. This is when you embrace the deepest truth of who you are and step fully into what you want to bring to this world.
Jamie Ridler

Amen to that.

1 comment:

  1. those were wonderful words... thanks for sharing.. :)
    happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete