Thursday, July 9, 2009

Musings of a new lulu.....

I am proud to say that I am now officially a 'lulu' after having started at lululemon on Tuesday. I have done two shifts to date and will be working there the next 3 days as well. The working environment has definitely lived up to my expectations, as my fellow 'lulu's' are awesome and the ethos of the company really does shine through in every aspect of daily life in the store. As part of my own education and training and in a bid to reveal some more of life at lululemon to you all, I thought I would share some of my first impressions.

Things that gave me a 'wow' feeling:

1. That one of my fellow lulu's told me that I brought amazing energy to the store and that it was going to be so great to have me there. 
2. That many of my lulu's welcomed me by saying they had heard so much about me.
3. That there is no 'ego' in the store. It truly is a supportive, team environment where everyone works together to achieve common goals and all lulu's are given the opportunity to be involved and to feel that they 'own' the business.
4. The diversity of each lulu is celebrated and appreciated.
5. That the law of attraction truly is at work.  The guests who come in are walking examples of healthy, happy and passionate people. Lululemon aims to help people live longer, healthier and more fun lives and that is clearly taking place. 
6. We are having a positive impact on people in so many ways. A number of guests came into the store while I was there and said they were drawn to us by the positive messages in the window display. You can actually feel the change in people as they walk around the store and take everything in - they can't help but feel good after the lululemon experience.
7. I felt like part of the team from the first minute I started (actually from the first moment I decided I was determined to get a job there).
8. As part of each day we are encouraged to think of an 'intention' or particular goal/aspect to focus on. For example your intention might be to be present in each moment so that you are truly focused on each interaction or activity that you are involved in. I love this idea because it helps you to be more mindful of things and to fully experience your life instead of just going through the motions and having your mind always being 10 steps ahead of you (which is not really living). 
9. I didn't work at lululemon today and I missed it! 

Above: Just a little pic of one of the lovely lululemon Om bottles. So cute!

1 comment:

  1. Tomorrow (which might be Tuesday already for you) marks the first week for you employed by Lululemon. I just wanted to say congratulations. You sound so incredibly relaxed and happy. Your energy is inspirational. Thank you for sharing.

    I love that bottle... I should get one. My two are so beat up it's embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete