Monday, July 27, 2009

LIFE LESSON: NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF PANTS

Last weekend I was given an amazing gift from a guest. While she was genuinely interested in buying yoga pants, it became quickly apparent to me that what she really needed was someone to listen to her. She was at the lowest point that she had ever been in, in her life and she was very much questioning whether she had the strength to endure her current circumstances. In addition, the guest revealed to me that she was currently suffering from depression and that she had not bought herself any new clothes for nearly 12 years. Giving this guest the complete lululemon and Bel Youll experience, (ie my undivided attention, authentic conversation, and a sense of fun), was extremely powerful. I helped her find a pair of pants that she loved; I gave her the lululemon manifesto and directed her towards the website; I discussed the importance of her continuing with yoga and suggested she attend the complimentary classes with us; I shared parts of my own personal experience and I gave her an inspirational book of mine called “Learning to Breathe”, which I had just finished reading. After making her purchase, the guest kept hugging me and she told me she couldn’t believe that the universe had brought me to her. Hearing those words and watching that guest leave with a smile on her face and a glimmer of hope in her soul was one of the greatest gifts I have ever received in my entire life. I hope at some stage this particular woman might read my blog and be helped in some way and, if she is reading this, I want her to know that she deserves happiness, that she does have the strength to get through her current situation and that her life can and will be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment