Sunday, May 31, 2009

Changes....

Big changes are afoot for me. I have been offered a job in a company that I believe is completely in tune with where I am in my life right now. To take this job means leaving the only career I have ever known and to take a leap into the great unknown. I have been and am very excited about this change, but tonight all those annoying little 'what ifs?' are creeping into my head. I know that I want this job, I know that I don't want to keep teaching, I know I want to spend more time with my little man, I feel like there is enormous potential for me to grow personally and professionally down the track. I know in my heart that this is the right place for me to go right now and everyone keeps telling me how great they think this step will be for me. But the only thing I can think of tonight is the fear of financial stresses. How will we pay for everything with me taking quite a substantial pay cut by working part-time? This is making me feel really crappy because all my positivity is deserting me right when I need it most. I want to enjoy this, not stress about it (as I have done with so many things in my life). I only hope that when it comes to the crunch I really do have the strength and courage to follow my heart and to trust that it will lead me in the right direction.......

No comments:

Post a Comment