Friday, May 1, 2009

Feeling like me again....

Tonight I was able to sit down and do something creative (I needed to make a card to accompany a present). The minute that I started to get lost in the colours and picture I felt as though I was me again for the first time this week. I have been very fortunate over the past couple of months to be able to discover the things that I really love doing and to do those on a regular basis. And boy did I notice a difference in myself this week when I wasn't able to tap into my creative side. Next week I am determined to allocate four nights to doing something creative because I feel lost without it. It is so important to make sure we set aside time to do the things that bring us joy. Even spending 20 minutes a day doing something that you truly love makes the biggest difference to your sense of wellbeing and to your outlook on life. 

By the way, one of my current addictions are 'copic markers'. They are so much fun to use and come in heaps and heaps of colours. A word of warning though, once you buy a few you won't be able to stop (isn't that true lovely twin?).

No comments:

Post a Comment