Friday, May 1, 2009

The highs and the lows...


I've made it through my first week back at work and whilst it hasn't been bad at all, it has certainly been really different. Half way through the week I really struggled with the tiredness (my husband will say that is an understatement), and I was hit quite hard by the guilt of not seeing my little man very much at all (I had three nights where I wasn't at home this week, plus the being at work all day thing). Whilst I certainly want to be home every night next week and get to see my son more, the low of that was actually followed by a high that I might not have had otherwise. Even though I can't wait to see my son every night, the excitement I felt when I finally did get to see him at night this week made me feel like a kid on Christmas Day. So next time I have a bad day, I will try hard to remind myself that sometimes its the 'lows' that actually end up providing you with the most amazing 'highs'.


No comments:

Post a Comment