Monday, August 31, 2009

How my life has changed.....

Once upon a time I was fearful of pretty much everything. I have always been ambitious and hard-working but I never really had the ability to take the risk that would also be needed to reach my dreams. The past couple of months, however, have shown me that the new Bel is here and times are a changin'. I have been working on my goals at lululemon and the culture of the company is such that we are encouraged to make huge, exciting and scary goals. So I put that theory to the test and have been emailing Chip Wilson (Mr lululemon himself!) to let him know what my goals are and that they include shadowing/working with him in Canada. Even as I type this I still can't believe I did it. But I figure how can I ever achieve big dreams for myself if I never act big? I can't get anywhere just by talking about stuff. Its time to actually do it. And guess what? Chip emailed me back, and has done a couple of times now. (What a legend - the 'open door' policy is alive and well at lululemon and is very, very inspiring). I've even sent him my ideas for the business I would like to start and he told me 'this is fantastic!'. I've got a long way to go with my goals, and who knows whether they will ultimately involve lululemon or Chip? However it turns out though, I am enjoying the ride and my life and definitely won't die wondering. So my message to all of you is 'Take a chance people and follow your heart - you never know where it will lead'.

2 comments:

  1. Do tell me if you come to Canada! ; )

    - Kif

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so inspirational, Bel. Your whole blog is, but I just LOVE this story about you emailing Chip. Fantastic! (and makes me smile!) Glad to know the Lululemon policy really exists day to day. :-) Thrilled to hear it's all going so well - you are a real inspiration. [peppermintdrop from Unravelling]. xx

    ReplyDelete