Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A New Earth.....

I've just started reading this book, as one of my goals is to finish the lululemon Core Library by 31st December this year. So I'm a woman on a mission! I'm only a couple of pages in and already I've come across some notions and concepts that I really connect with:
  • Only by awakening can you know the true meaning of that word. A glimpse is enough to initiate the awakening process, which is irreversible. If the awakening process has begun in you, the reading of this book will accelerate and intensify it. For some who may not have even realised it, the process has already begun. For some it may have been through loss or suffering.
This is my experience, spot on. I feel as though I have been on a journey and changed so much as a person over the past year, but I didn't realise 'what' exactly was happening or how to describe it. The whole process definitely began out of loss and suffering (which at the time was hard), but I know now that this was a gift in disguise. Its actually very comforting for me to read that this process is irreversible. I can't imagine going back to living life the way I was before ie stressed, totally consumed and affected by what was happening around me, not truly knowing who i am or really living and enjoying life etc.
  • You do not become good by trying to be good, but by finding the goodness that is already within you, and allowing that goodness to emerge. But it can only emerge if something fundamental changes in your state of consciousness.
This is a massive lesson I have learned. I always believed and felt that I had goodness inside me but I felt like it could never truly get out. It could in parts, but then ultimately it would end up being distorted by my ego and materialistic concerns, as well as a lack of belief in myself. In many ways I suppose I allowed the 'real me' to be suppressed because to be that person meant going against most of the examples and messages of how I 'should' exist that are in society. But now I understand myself so much better and have changed my way of thinking to such a degree that I am no longer afraid to be who I really am. The 'real me' is a person I respect, admire and love to be around. The 'real me' knows without a shadow of a doubt that I can and will be successful in whatever I attempt to do and that I am making and will continue to make a difference in this world. I am authentic and I have faith in myself. I can say these things now and they are more than just words - after 32 years I finally believe them and that is what has changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment