Sunday, August 23, 2009

Good Deeds....

On Friday my sister and I returned to St John of God hospital to talk to the 10 women who are currently there, about our experiences of Post Natal Depression and to provide them with two real examples of people who have been exactly where they are now, and have come out the other side. This is so important because when you are there and in the depths of what is essentially a living nightmare, you cannot even fathom that you will ever be different or enjoy life again. But to actually see people who have been there, done that, and have even improved their lives for the better, gives some hope to women when they really need it. Looking around the room and hearing little bits of these women's stories, I just wanted to hug them all and tell them it would be alright. I was really proud of how well my sister spoke, especially since she probably hasn't spoken about her experiences openly as many times as I have up until this point. The women and the staff seemed to be really thankful that we had volunteered to do this. I have to say it was absolutely our pleasure and we will be going back in another 4 weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment