Sunday, May 23, 2010

Be Thankful for What You Have...

This weekend I have caught myself worrying about things I do not or may not have in my life. I have a feeling that this is stemming from the fact that a great many changes are occurring in my personal life, and I am about to embark on a path that, up until recently I had never really seen myself heading down. Whilst I am so much more optimistic and strong in my ability to face whatever comes my way and to create my own future, than I ever have been before, I would be lying if I said there was no fear. Of course there is (as well as feelings of sadness, doubt, grief etc). But I'm happy to say that as soon as these feelings come up I acknowledge that they are there but then I turn my focus to how amazing my life is and all the wonderful things that I do have. An amazingly beautiful, cheeky and funny little man; supportive friends and an abundance of loving family members; a job where I get to inspire others and develop myself and connect with people; my health and a roof over my head to name just a few. And for all of those things I say "Thank you".

P.S. Happy Birthday to my favourite niece in the whole wide world. I am so lucky to have had you as part of my life for the past 2 years and I can't wait to share many, many more with you. Love and hugs forever, Aunty Bel. x

P.P.S I am now off to continue reading "The Girl Who Played With Fire" by Stieg Larson. All I can say is that I am totally hooked - cannot put it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment