Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Reflections on 'Operation New Possibilities"....

For the past 3 days I have chosen the possibility of unconditional love and inspiration and I can honestly say that I have consciously put this into practice in every area of each day. When a cab driver drove in front of me while I had right of way crossing the road, I chose to love him for his sneakiness rather than hating him for doing the 'wrong thing'. In yoga classes I have pictured myself giving out love to everyone else in the class. As I have been walking along the street I've been saying over and over to myself "I am the possibility of unconditional love and inspiration". Not only has it made me believe it more and more but it also allowed me to be so much more present to the joy in simple things around me. The guy cruising down the middle of South Dowling Street on his bike - usually such a busy road but on Sunday morning he just looked so free and calm. The people sitting on the window sill of their apartment sharing stories about their Saturday night (or so I imagined). The people flowing out of the hostel after getting a morning meal. I felt love for their ability to seek help and to find strength in each other. For the lovely cab driver I had on my way home from work who was just happy to chat and who had the cleanest cab I have been in for a long time.

The overall effect that this has had on me so far is that I have felt lighter, more present and more connected to everything and everyone around me. From this perspective, the rest of the week will just get better and better I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment