Thursday, September 24, 2009

Snap out of it......

Tonight I came across an amazing blog called the 'NieNie Dialogues'. At first glance it appears to be a lovely blog about a 28 year old woman named Stephanie, who adores her children and husband. Once I started reading, however, I became aware, that just over a year ago, Stephanie and her husband were actually in a plane crash which nearly killed both of them. It also left her in a coma and with severe burns (the burns are so severe that you cannot recognise her from previous photos). Yes, it is an extremely sad story, but I wanted to share it because it was just the wake up call I needed. I have been letting my mind and day to day thoughts be consumed by trivial things lately. After reading Stephanie's posts from the past year, hearing of her struggles, and also of her faith, gratitude and hope, I realised its time that I got over myself and focused on enjoying every minute of this wonderful life that I have been given. I urge you to visit Stephanie's blog and be inspired yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment