Saturday, September 26, 2009

My husband is amazing....

So my husband achieved something truly amazing on Friday. He ran for 8 1/2 hours, covering approximately 80km. The purpose of such a feat is to train for an epic run that he intends to do next April. His goal is to run from Cape York to Sydney, in order to raise awareness and money for post natal depression. (This will involve him covering roughly 100km a day for 2 months). I have been quite hesitant to talk about this and I know that for the most part my husband feels I haven't been very supportive of him in this quest. Its not that I don't want to support him but its my fear kicking in. Fear of how I will cope on my own, looking after a small baby and working full-time. Fear of the effect this will have on my husband's body and mind. Fear of the effect his absence will have on our relationship. Fear of lots and lots of things. I feel hypocritical discussing how inspired I am about people like John Maclean who complete amazing physical and mental challenges, but then not wanting my husband to do this. I am trying very hard at the moment to overcome this fear. I'm still a long way from doing this, but for now I do want to say how proud I am of him for what he did on Friday night and that I think he is truly amazing for following through with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment