Thursday, January 14, 2010

Re-connecting.......


Yesterday I had coffee with a friend whom I haven't seen for a while. We have known each other since we were 12 years old but usually only ever caught up a couple of time a year, through a mutual friend of ours. It was so fantastic to connect on a different level and to share how we have each grown and changed over the years. I was blown away by how similar many of our life experiences have been and how we never knew this was the case when we were growing up (our situations and the environement we were often in meant that we never really discussed the nitty gritty details of our lives). We have very similar ways of looking at the world and viewing life and it is so good to be able to share this with each other. My friend is passionate about educating girls in Nepal (hence the gorgeous photo above), and this is something I'd love to become more involved in. I'm really looking forward to renewing this friendship and being a support for each other from this point on. Here's to old but new friendships!

1 comment:

  1. That's fabulous! I'm finding that the older I get, the more important my friendships are becoming.

    ReplyDelete