Monday, October 12, 2009

My First Thanksgiving.....

Image by Smitten via flickr

So this weekend that just passed marked Canadian Thanksgiving. Since I now have a whole new North American family courtesy of lululemon, my little family were invited to share in our friends' Thanksgiving dinner. To put it simply, it was one of the loveliest things I have ever been a part of. There was GREAT food, amazing company, GREAT food, red wine, and did I mention there was GREAT food? We had spinach dip, turkey with gravy and cranberry sauce, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, cous cous salad, and a beautiful salad with strawberries in it, just to name some of the delectable items. As if this wasn't enough, we also had pumpkin pie (that looked just like the image above), chocolate cake, crumble and oreos. I was in food heaven! My little man also thoroughly enjoyed being the centre of attention, being the only child in attendance. The whole evening I just kept thinking how lucky we are to have made friends with people who are so welcoming, caring and supportive. I can't wait to return the favour to them when they join my family for Christmas dinner in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment