Thursday, October 8, 2009

Laughter yoga with a beer chaser....


Last night we held a laughter yoga workshop at our lululemon store. It was run by a lovely young woman by the name of Kathy Popplewell who is trying to raise awareness of the healing and health benefits of laughter. She is about to travel down the east coast of Australia for 30 days, doing free laughter yoga workshops. Apart from raising awareness she is conducting a little experiment to see just how much of an impact laughing every day can have on your health and well being. I have to say, that by the end of it my mood was definitely elevated (a pretty good outcome considering I had been at work for over 12 hours yesterday!). It was a great challenge for me to do something completely different, to interact with new people and to share an experience with my fellow lulu's. (By the way, you don't actually do yoga. The workshop is based around laughter activities). If you ever get a chance to participate in a similar workshop, go for it.

After the workshop concluded, a few of my lulu pals and I went to the pub next door for drinks and a bite to eat. While I was with them, chatting and sharing stories, I couldn't help but think how lucky I am to be a part of such a special group of people. I have this whole new family where everyone supports each other and wants the best for each other. Its sad to say that this is quite rare in this day and age, so I am sooooo grateful. Even when I am not at work, these are the people with whom I would choose to spend my time. Every single member of my lululemon family is amazing in their own special way and knowing each of them makes me a better person. I heart them all........

No comments:

Post a Comment