Monday, June 14, 2010

Life is like an Avocado......

Tonight I came across the following post by Julie Lee Yoga

So often, we aren’t yet ready to fulfill our fate. What is it that renders us unable to reach out, to open up, to let go? What is it that holds us back from being all that we are meant to be? It is in each and every one of us to be great. When we try to force things - in ourselves, in others, in our lives - that aren’t ready to manifest themselves, all we do is create a lose-lose situation. Sometimes, we have to accept the fact that we just aren’t ripe enough.

So, what do we do? For ourselves, we take on the practice of yoga, so that we can learn how to soften and ripen within our respective situations. We can begin to open our eyes to the lessons that arise in our everyday lives. And perhaps most importantly, we can begin to nurture our souls and allow ourselves time to grow, naturally - because sometimes, that’s all we need.

Sometimes I am completely blown away by how I manage to stumble across random writings that are so relevant to issues that I am pondering in my own life. I would agree that right now I am not ready to fulfil my own fate. I get terribly frustrated when I think about this because it makes me feel as though I am lacking in some way or don't measure up. (I know deep down that this is an utterly ridiculous response or feeling to have, and one that will not do me any good, but thats just how it is, so I'm being honest). I have been dwelling on this alot lately because I want to discover what my fate is and to work out what is holding me back so that I can uncover all my greatness.

After reading Julie Lee's words, however, it struck me that it's time to change my course. Why am I so hell bent on 'fulfilling my fate?'. Why am I in such a hurry to get 'there', wherever 'there' is? I don't know the answers to these questions but what I do know is that I'm not ripe enough, but thats ok. Being so focused on the end result will prevent me from being present to the process of ripening, which is ultimately where our greatness manifests itself or becomes apparent. So I'm letting go of my need to know and to move forward. I'm surrendering to the here and now and trusting that my path will lead where I am meant to go, in due time and course.

And on that note, I'm off to practice yoga.......

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I loved this post. For many years I was rushing to get to some end point. Even now, as my life moves at a slower pace, I still find myself trying to "fulfill my fate." Yes, I think that this tension led me to a yoga practice...don't you love it!!! Yoga helps me realize what is happening in the moment. I feel so much more whole. Thanks so much for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I am completely blown away by how I manage to stumble across random writings that are so relevant to issues that I am pondering in my own life.

    I had to smile when I read that sentence! I'd just read the quote from Julie Lee and thought how apt it was for me at the moment. The internet is sometimes like a divining tool. Different sites have messages that seem just for you!

    I think the way we fulfil our fate is one step at a time and sometimes one step forwards, two steps back. There are days when everything flows and days when it simply doesn't. I guess no-one said it would always be easy although it is easy in the sense that it comes naturally when we're on the right track. It's always a journey. We just have to keep following the path.

    And I'm learning, belatedly, that yoga is another piece in the jigsaw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to you, all I need now is to learn yoga..hi I read this link from the writer's challenge....imagine how many people we will get to encounter...all that reading and learning...wow! excellent

    ReplyDelete