Monday, June 28, 2010

A House With Four Rooms....

Susannah Conway had a quote on her blog recently that really grabbed my attention:

'There is an Indian proverb or maxim that says everyone is a house with four rooms, a physical, a mental, an emotional and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room every day, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person'. - Rumer Godden.

This quote has really captured my imagination this week as I am feeling very much like my whole being needs to be spring cleaned and aired (even though we are currently in winter!). This need is linked to my desire to create space for the next phase of my life. Right now I can't seem to create that space though. I feel like I'm running on the spot and not getting anywhere. I know what I want to do but I don't know where to start. Perhaps creating a vision for each of my 'four rooms' would be a good place to start......

No comments:

Post a Comment