Saturday, February 13, 2010

Find my dosha......

(Image via hannap.com)

For a while now, I have been meaning to investigate what dosha I am. It turns out that I am Pitta dosha, which in humans represents the fire element. People with Pitta personality are known for warm, friendly behaviour and leadership qualities. I have to say, much of what I read was quite spot on. Here are some of the main points that resonated with me:

Physiology:
Pitta people usually keep in shape as they rarely gain or lose much weight.
Pitta people usually have strong metabolisms and strong appetites. Thus they take large quantities of food and liquid at a time and often get angry or irritated if they have to miss or wait for a meal (Yep, that's me!).

Behavioural/Psychological - Positives:
Pitta people have sharp minds and superior memory hence they boast outstanding learning, understanding and concentrating powers.
These people are orderly, focused, assertive and entrepreneurial by nature.
Pitta people have inborn leadership skills with good comprehension power, focused vision and blessed wisdom. They are usually good public speakers and also capable of sharp, sarcastic, cutting speech.
They have natural fondness for noble professions and often make large amounts of money. They like to spend on luxurious items like perfume and jewelry.
Pitta people appreciate material prosperity and they tend to be moderately well off financially. They like to surround themselves with beautiful objects.

Behavioural/Psychological - Negatives:
Pitta person is often stubborn, pushy, prejudiced and authoritarian.
They have emotional tendencies toward hate, anger and jealousy.
Pitta people become commanding, irritated, angry, aggressive, demanding and assertive when out of balance.
They can be judgmental, critical and perfectionist, and tend to become angry easily.
Pitta person is subject to temper tantrums, impatience and anger.

Indications of balanced pitta:
Good digestion
Energy
Goal-setting inclinations
Good problem-solving skills
Keen powers of intelligence
Decisiveness
Boldness and courage
Bright complexion

Indications of Imbalanced Pitta:
Factors that can cause pitta imbalance include hardwork, over-exertion and over heating. Pitta is a fire element, thus summer is a time when it gets easily aggravated. When pitta is out of balance, physical and behavioural signs and symptoms occur.

Physical: Fitful sleep, disturbing dreams, insomnia, ulcers, weakness due to low blood sugar levels, fevers, night sweats and anaemia.

Behavioural: Angry, irritable, hostile, critical to self and others, argumentative, aggressive, bossy, controlling, frustrated, willful, reckless, mental confusion.

I tell you what, after reading these lists (especially the indications of imbalance), this all makes so much sense to me. I am totally imbalanced in my life at the moment and I know it. So I'm going to really look at where I can eliminate the factors that are causing this in my life and get balanced so that I can go back to living a life I enjoy.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Bel! I've just found your fantastic blog! I'm signing up for regular updates.
    I've got a bit of catching up to do on your older posts...
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete