Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Strengths finder......


A couple of weeks ago, I completed an online test called "Strengths Finder". It is a test which determines what your talents are and then provides you with a detailed analysis of how these influence your life. The main philosophy behind the test and the book that it comes from is that to achieve success you should focus on, and maximise these talents (rather than focus on your areas of weakness). When I discovered what my talents were, it was clear as day to me why my life has been so wonderful and fulfilling this year. It is because I made the conscious decision to follow my heart and move my life in a direction where I could use those talents every day. It makes such a difference when you can do this.

I will give a brief description of my talents/strengths below, as they give you a further glimpse as to who Bel really is!:

MAXIMISER:

People who are especially talented in the Maximizer theme focus on strengths as a way to

stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into

something superb.

EMPATHY:

People who are especially talented in the Empathy theme can sense the feelings of other

people by imagining themselves in others’ lives or others’ situations.


DEVELOPER:

People who are especially talented in the Developer theme recognize and cultivate the

potential in others. They spot the signs of each small improvement and derive satisfaction

from these improvements.


INPUT:

People who are especially talented in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often

they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.


POSITIVITY:

People who are especially talented in the Positivity theme have an enthusiasm that is

contagious. They are upbeat and can get others excited about what they are going to do.


It really is fascinating stuff. For anyone who is interested, the book you need to buy is called "Strengths Finder 2.0" by Tom Rath (you need to buy the book to get a code to do the online quiz).

No comments:

Post a Comment