Monday, November 2, 2009

Focal Point by Brian Tracy......

I am currently reading the 5th and final book in the lululemon core library, which is Focal Point by Brian Tracy. As always, I will share with everyone what I am learning along the way, as everyone can apply these ideas and principles to their own lives.

  • Among the most important personal choices you can make is to accept complete responsibility for everything you are and everything you will ever be. This is the great turning point in life.
  • Accepting complete responsibility for your life means that you refuse to make excuses or blame others for anything in your life that you're not happy about.
5 questions for superior performance:
  1. What am I trying to do?
  2. How am I trying to do it?
  3. What are my assumptions?
  4. What if my assumptions were wrong?
  5. What would I have to do differently if my key assumptions were wrong?
Clarity is the key:
  • To perform at your very best and double your productivity, you must be absolutely clear about what you want to accomplish. You must then identify and pursue the best way to achieve it. Be open to new information, be willing to accept feedback and to self-correct and be willing to abandon one way of working and embrace another if the circumstances warrant it.
How to increase your productivity:
  1. Have clear goals.
  2. Have a clear written path of action.
  3. Set priorities on your list. Use the 80/20 rule continually.
  • Identify the 20% of activities on your list that can account for 80% of the value of your entire list.
  • Work first on the items in the top 20%.

No comments:

Post a Comment